Friday, June 19, 2009
That's where we're at. A detour.
It looks like Q's Company will be deploying sooner, rather than later. Totally took us by surprise. So, we adjust. This will be our 2nd deployment, and while I'd like to think that I'll handle it better...I know it will be just as hard, just in different ways.
So, as I prepare for this turn of events, I covet your prayers.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
I'm home from an incredible week in Chicago where I had the awesome privilege of attending the Toward Wonder Arts Conference at Willow Creek. My computer at home is in the shop, so I'm posting from work (yes, it's my break time), so this will be short and I'll have to elaborate later.
I guess the #1 thing to tell you is that I was completely blown away by the love of my God and had an encounter with Him that I have never experienced. I worshipped for the first time completely uninhibited and with abandon. I mean really people, if the Creator of this universe is not worthy of authentic worship, then we have a problem.
There was a moment that will be forever etched in my mind on the first morning....we (around 2700 people that lead the worship at their churches or help in some way) were singing "How Great Is Our God" and the band quit playing. You just heard all those voices praising our God and stretching their hands toward Heaven....almost as if we were trying to touch Him and I guess we were...and then the shades went up on these huge windows in the auditorium and I was gazing on God's majesty...the trees, blue skies, a waterfall...it was a breathtaking moment for me and I thought...WOW...my God is huge! He created all this beauty and He created me and He loves me and wants a relationship with me and....and...and....I never want to leave that feeling of complete awe. Everyday there are moments worthy of awe and wonder if only we take time to notice.
There's so much to tell you about that week...and I will...but my time is almost up and I want to tell you that I had the opportunity to lead worship at my home church this past Sunday and it was still just as incredible. Why? Because my perspective was different. I finally got it. This just isn't some god I serve...it is the living God and He chooses to be my friend, my father, my everything. I literally wept on stage this past Sunday...to the point I could no longer sing....I'm just completely humbled and in love with my Jesus. He has this all in His hands...all my cares and worries....all my triumphs and emotions...all of it. Wow!
I hope you have a blessed day and find the Wonder in your ordinary day!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
1. Memorial weekend was the big room makeover. Quentin & I painted and redecorated Mallorye's room for her while she was visiting my mom. We underestimated the time it would take....we thought maybe a day....took 3 days...and we're still not technically done. I can't wait to share the pictures with you guys!
2. This past weekend the guys went camping with our youth group at Spring River, Mallorye went to a Mystery party, and I enjoyed the solitude...until Saturday...when I enjoyed a Praise Team fellowship at Crowley's Ridge State Park...volleyball, bbq, horseshoes, laughs...there's some pretty awesome pictures to share there as well.
3. Next week is the Toward Wonder Arts Conference at Willowcreek Church in Chicago. I am so pumped about this opportunity and I'm expecting God to show up and just bless my socks off! Hillsong Australia will be doing some of the sessions and a concert!!
4. Counseling is going great! We are finally making progress and healing is beginning to take place. It's a slow process, but I think God is refining both of us during this time and we're going to come out better...stronger...more in love....
5. Oh...and today is the last day of school...finally!! I now officially have a Senior and an 8th Grader...wow!
6. One more thing that I can't wait to elaborate on is....Mallorye has been chosen to represent our area in the 2010 Miss Arkansas Teen USA Pageant!!! Huge honor! Tons of preparation going on at our house!
Ok...more to come on all these topics...but that's the skinny version...just so ya knew...I am still alive and didn't get swept away by the monsoon of rain we've gotten in the month of May!