Monday, September 24, 2007

Military Friendships...holding it all together

I've been watching and listening to the media coverage most of the day, and am overwhelmed with pride! I watched the 10 o'clock news tonight, and they ran the story of the wives and the FRG ....as I watched myself, Carrie, Sherri, and others tell how this group of wives has impacted their lives...it brought me to tears. It is true. We've formed friendships and bonds that won't be easily broken. I've met people through email, blogs, and FRG meetings that come from all over the world and all walks of life...but with one common thread...we love a soldier. The military life may not have been one we chose, but it's where we find ourselves. I'm somewhat saddened that the dynamics of these friendships will change once our soldiers are home. I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just that my "go-to" person has been the FRG friends and now all that will change...again. That's a good thing. I'm glad to see my husband back, but I'd be lying if I said I won't miss the spontaneity of the military friendships I've made. This experience has cemented these friendships to be lifetime friends. So, to all the friends that have supported me....new and old alike...thank you! Hooah!

1 comment:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I can understand what you are saying. Good friends are wonderful; support when you really need it, being your cheerleader, a shoulder to cry on. So glad that you found so many great, true friends, and that the friendships will last a lifetime.

-Andrea