Saturday, July 5, 2008

Real Life---bedroom edition!



I know I'm a little late, but I thought I'd participate in the "Real Life" over at Farm Fresh! This weeks venue was the bedroom...where the "magic happens."

*under the bed
*what's in and on your dresser
*what's on your bedside table
*the pictures and the decorations
*what you love about it
*what you hate about it
*what makes it uniquely you
*what you sleep in

Ok...I'm letting the whole world (or at least the 25 people that read my blog) into my bedroom!! {{yikes}}


*under the bed
one lone hanger and some boxes of pictures...and really ugly carpet

*what's on and in your dresser
I don't actually have a dresser...all my clothes are in the closet or my night stand...so this is Q's (he has two..this is his everyday dresser)


this is his military clothing dresser...plus the millions of boxes downstairs!


and look what's inside...military clothes

*what's on my bedside table
a lamp to read by...my favorite picture of me and hubby...alarm clock...glasses...book I'm reading (At Home In Mitford)...and the ever present cell phone

*the pictures and the decorations
the only picture that I could get to hang on stucco walls

all the cute pictures that are piled behind the dresser because I can't get them to hang on these walls...aargh

*what I love about this room
we have our own bathroom and it's open to the bedroom...love this

*what I hate about this room
no picture for this one...but the fact that the walls are stucco and I can't get a nail to drive to save my life...therefore, no decorations...makes me sad

*what I sleep in
usually just my skin (it's hot in Arkansas!) but sometimes jammies. I haven't worn a cute nightgown in a long time...but you girls have inspired me! May have to get back to that!

*what makes this room uniquely me
again..no picture...but I think the fact that we've chosen to only use photographs in this room of hubby and I...there are absolutely no pictures of our children in this room...it's a place just for us...to relax...be romantic...and enjoy each other without the demands of our children and life

Ok...there you have it. A tour of our boudoir! Be sure to check out the link above for more

5 comments:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

What a fun idea!

I think that's a great idea to not have pictures of your kids in there... hadn't thought of that! Great logic!

Anonymous said...

You inspired me to share my own. Check it out: http://kelliegburnett.blogspot.com/2008/07/real-life-challenge.html

Keri said...

I think your bedroom is about the same color as my living room!

I lived in a house once where I couldn't hang anything. (Not even curtain rods!) It was for the opposite reason- the drywall was so weak it wouldn't support anything. but yeah...it was totally annoying. I feel your pain! lol

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

You have the million boxes of military clothing too!! Ugg.

Anyways...

I love the simplicity of your bedroom. To me that is inviting and relaxing.

I'm sorry about the walls! Someday you will have a home with pictures all over the walls, making up for lost time :)

Bring on the lingerie!! ;)

-Andrea

Unknown said...

Truly. Everyone should have a boudoir. and separate sinks :-)

It's hot in IA too. Hee hee.

I don't have any pictures of the girls in my room either, although I don't think it was intentional, I like your plan~

And love the name & tagline of your blog. That's awesome.