Sunday, August 3, 2008

Blake's 13th Birthday Party!

Temperature's soared into the upper 90's yesterday, but that didn't stop us from having an awesome time at Blake's party. You know, you always worry with these summer birthdays if anyone will actually show up...so many gone on vacation...but show up they did! I think our final count was 22 kids and 9 adults. Not bad for a hot August day...


Group shot of most of the kids

Blake and the Cake

Getting a little payback from Adrienne...nice, ice cold water dousing

Showing off his new picture frame from Aunt Liz

Adrienne, Jeremy, & Justin got him this pink Hollister shirt...he absolutely loves the color pink...here he's telling his buds that real men wear pink!

Jenni, Alexis, Cody, & Evan

Ally, Adrienne, Mallorye (Big Sis), & McKinlee

McKinlee, Alexis, Blake, Alex, & Cody

That'd be Evan on Alex' shoulders...what memories are made of

McKinlee, Jenni, & Alexis...scoping out guys??


Looks like trouble! Daniel, Alex, and Caleb


Sylvia...Jack's granddaughter


My mom and her boyfriend Jack


The cutest nephews in the South...Little Caleb & Little Daniel


Caleb getting pelted by brother with a water balloon...I see a retaliation coming!


The kids had a great time swimming, hanging out, and eating cake...so what better way to end the day than with....a water balloon fight...about 500 balloons to be exact!


Alex, Alexis, Sylvia, & Evan....looks like a group effort


Run for cover!!

4 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

My daughter has a summer birthday and we always have a hard time rounding up her friends to come...it usually ends up being a small group since so many people are traveling, but wow, you had a great turnout!

Looks like you found a shady spot too!

I'm curious where you were...the pics remind me of Walcott.

mindi said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Perfect day for a wonderful party. Love the photos - I bet you can't wait to scrap them :D

Christy M. said...

What a great party! Where did you have it? Is that a lake? It looks so beautiful there and I love the stone bridge. The pine trees are great too. I miss pine trees!

Our kids grow so fast don't they?

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You should do a 100 things post too. It was so much easier than I thought it would be.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

You are the birthday party rockstar!!! I hope I can be half as awesome as you when it comes to my kid's b-day parties!

Perhaps you should consider a career in party planning?? :)

-Andrea