Friday, July 10, 2009

Stupid Tax

It's been one of them kind of weeks....

I'm usually pretty on top of things...organized...efficient...productive...
but lately, I just can't seem to get all my eggs in the right basket.

Well, this week, my lack of focus came back to bite me in the rear and I had to pay a hefty stupid tax...you know, money you shouldn't have had to pay out, but because you didn't do "x,y,z" it cost you dearly. A tax you placed on yourself so to speak.

It really started a couple of weeks ago...when I paid a bunch of bills and was so proud of myself for having paid them...EARLY! I was looking forward to this week when I knew we'd be money ahead. HA! Somehow in my bill paying frenzy, I forgot to write down the electric bill payment in the checkbook ledger....please tell me I'm not the only one to have ever done this (and I'd like to say it's the only time I've ever done it, but I'd be lying). Let me tell ya...when you count on every dime and there's not much wiggle room to begin with, an error like this is not pretty. It bit hard this week! I've been so mad at myself!! What should have been a week to be able to pay ahead on some things has ended up being a struggle to put food on the table!

As always, God is faithful. It could've been worse...trust me, it can always be worse. I have enough to pay the necessary bills for the week with a little left over. God provided food for our cabinets by way of some very dear friends of ours that wanted to thank us for showing love to them over the past year. And I'm pretty sure none of us are walking around naked. Do we have all we want? Of course not, we're human and insatiable. Do we have all we need? Absolutely!!

Matthew 6
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

God is good.

All the time.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Oh, girl. I wish I could say that I have no idea what you are talking about, but unfortunately, I know it WAY too well.

Money stinks. But God is good.

All the time.

Hope next week is better.

mindi said...

I know just how that is.
Man I wish I didn't worry about money at all - but it is ALWAYS on my mind. Daycare for four kids (daycare I am scared to start, I dont want to go back to work!) will cost more than our mortgage payment.
One of these days I'll be able to pitch that and stay home with the kids!
Thanks for the bible verses . . .