Monday, August 9, 2010

Branson 2010

A couple of weeks ago, I had the privilege to take my sister Tiffany and her oldest son, Daniel on vacation with me and Blake. It was such a crazy week leading up to vacation. Mallorye and Matt were supposed to go with us, but he had a business trip to Jordan that ended up delayed and prevented them from being able to join us. I think God works in mysterious ways and it was a great weekend for me and my sister to bond with our sons and each other.

The ride to Branson was filled with tons of laughs....we played the ABC game, stopped for a photo op in Cotter, and surprisingly, it was the adults that needed potty breaks!

{bridge at Cotter, AR}
{Daniel & Blake at the Lookout Point in Cotter}

{Daniel & Tiffany...yes, the sun was in our eyes, but at least it was pretty weather}

{Me & Tiffany....after years of just tolerating each other...we now have an incredible bond as sisters and friends}


Friday night we went to an amazing show....The Kirby Van Birch Show. I was absolutely amazed at his illusions and kept trying to figure out the tricks of the trade...to no avail. Daniel got a landing light and helped land the helicopter. I think one of my favorite parts was the sawing the girls in half...I mean really...how do they do that???!
Saturday we spent the ENTIRE day at Silver Dollar City. Tiff hadn't been since we were little kids and Daniel had never been, so this was an experience. I'm happy to report that we rode EVERY SINGLE RIDE...at least once.
{Blake's airbrush tattoo}

{Daniel & Tiffany in front of Wildfire...his 1st upside down roller coaster...we actually got a video of us riding this which was super cool}

{Me & Blake on the Lost River....I look like a drowned rat...which was the look of the day for me...oh well...I had a blast anyway}


{Daniel & Tiff on the Lost River...I don't think they got as drenched as I did}
We ordered pizza that night and enjoyed the pool and hot tub at the hotel.
Sunday we had breakfast at the Baldknobbers and then headed to the Titanic Museum. Tiffany & Blake were able to hold their hand in the frigid water for over 7 minutes! It was very educational and very emotional....just thinking about what those people went through. After that, we headed to Springfield to the Bass Pro Shop where we looked at the aquarium and dreamed of the things we'd love to buy....we met Tiff's cousin for dinner and then headed home. We went through an Amish community which was pretty neat to see them headed to church in their horse & buggy.
Unfortunately, vacation came to an abrupt halt with food poisoning! Which hit me & Tiff on the way home. The things we do for fun! All in all, it was a great weekend and I LOVED hanging out with my sister.






No comments: