Sunday, August 21, 2011

{Back to School 2011}

We survived the first week of school!!


I always look forward to this time of year...being able to get back to a more structured routine....new pencils...fresh notebooks.....ball season is just around the corner....I just love it! I'm pretty sure that Blake does not share my enthusiasm as noted by the lovely smile he sports for our traditional "back to school" photo. I keep trying to tell him, that someday, he'll thank me for the photo documentation :)
If ever there was a doubt regarding Blake's rapid growth....see above pictures! He has grown about 6 inches and is a towering 6'5" now. This is awesome for playing basketball and I'm sure the coaches would like to see him grow even more, but give a momma a break! It's hard to keep up with jeans, shoes, and the amount of food he puts away!!



Blake is all about punctuality. He had two different friends, Sydney & Michael, offer him rides for the first day....his dad and I both offered to take him....but none of us were leaving early enough for him. He leaves the house every morning around 7:25am to walk the two blocks to school, so he can be there early.

It's already been a challenging year. Blake isn't really used to having to do very much homework. Most of the time, he's able to finish it at school and he has an incredible memory....but this year he is finding homework a necessity. He's taking AP World History and spent 3 hours one night doing homework for that class. Hopefully, he'll find his rhythm soon and it won't be quite such a daunting task.

Check out other Back To School traditions over at Kelly's Blog...a fellow Arkansan :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a whole lot of homework to me. How wonderful that he wants to be there early!