Thursday, September 20, 2007

Time For A Check Up

Reading my morning Devo...I had to share this insight;

"A list of characteristics of a thriving believer that I keep tucked away in my bible so that I can periodically take a spiritual assessment of myself:

We need revival when....
... when we do not love God as we once did.
… when earthly interests and occupations are more important to us than eternal ones.
…when we would rather watch TV and read secular books and magazines than read the Bible.
… when our Christianity is joyless and passionless.
… when we know truth in our heads that we are not practicing in our lives.
… when we make little effort to witness to the lost.
…when we have time for sports, recreation, and entertainment, but not for Bible study or prayer.
. . . when we do not tremble at the power of God.
On the other hand, the characteristics that take place when revival comes are…
... a deepened spiritual hunger
... intense fervent prayer that is enjoyable not dreadful
... repentance
... reckless abandonment and surrender to God
... a fresh fullness of the Holy Spirit
... spontaneous evangelism and soul winning
... restored relationships
... a spirit of thanksgiving and joy
... increased hunger for God’s Word
... a desire to put God/church before entertainment"

Eye opening...I'm going to make a list and put in MY Bible...so next time you see my, ask if it's there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Thanks for the kick in the butt. I need revival badly!