Friday, September 28, 2007

Wild Ride

Well, the past 24 hours have been a wild ride...the military has changed arrival times at least a dozen times and arrival destinations a half a dozen....but I just talked to my soldier and he's on the bus awaiting to be shuttled to the airplane. In less than 12 hours, I'll be wrapped in the arms of my beloved. I can't wait! I've managed to get the house ready...cleaned, banners hung, etc....and I helped Blake's class hang posters at the armory...I pray that stay up through the night. I drove through town this evening and looked at all the signs and banners of support and was overwhelmed with pride and emotion. I'm so proud to be called an army wife...even if they do change their minds a million times...lol! Well, I'm off to bed. The next time I blog, will probably be about the wonderful homecoming! Yeah!!

2 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I am SO excited for your family! Hope you have the best day ever, today. I'll be thinking of you!

-Andrea

Simmons Family said...

Speaking of military time-lines, theres nothing more irritating than having the info come into your inbox long before the frg chair person even sent it out , and not being able to share it becuz of security and logistics.
sufice it to say the rescheduling delays and so forth are the norm during troop movements, and that sometimes the "changes" in information an and scheduling are just the result of people doing their jobs ,in order to secure any movement of troops.
Personally, I am just glad they are home, and that is what its all about, getting as many of them back home safe that was possible. Thank you Lord for many answered prayers!