Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Gifts From Ur

Quentin had an incredible opportunity while deployed to Iraq and was able to tour the city of Ur, the place where Abraham was born and raised. He walked on the paths where Abraham walked, visited the house he grew up in, and climbed to the top of the ziggaret (not sure about that spelling). This is my favorite thing he brought back from this land...an oil painting on a rolled canvas. I'm going to have it framed and a nameplate put under it that tells where it came from and that it was purchased while Q was in Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Another purchase from the City of Ur, was a hand-woven wool rug. Many of the locals make their living by selling their wares to the tourist and they are truly gifted at their trade. And it fit perfectly in my hallway. I don't know if you can see all of the colors, but it's just beautiful. I just think it's so amazing that Q had the opportunity to visit this area so rich with biblical history...this is where it all began.....where the fathers of our faith walked and talked. I'll try to share more pix later, but these two I am so proud of and just had to share with you all....truly gifts that I will treasure for a lifetime.

1 comment:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

What beautiful treasures! And what history behind each of them. I am wishing I had a rug like that - it's lovely.

-Andrea