Wednesday, October 10, 2007

No Gourmet Chef....


...but, I'm trying! I have to admit, that while hubby was away in Iraq, my cooking...let's just say it was all but non-existent. So, I'm desperately trying to regain my skills and coax my family back into healthy eating and get in some family time as well. Here's tonight's meal...Grilled Chicken, Rotini Pasta, Steamed Summer Veggies (green beans, squash, carrots, peppers, onion), complete with some Iced Lemonade. The box in the middle is something I discovered a few months ago, "Food For Talk" by Julienne Smith, and the kids and I have been doing over our McDonalds meals. It's cards that have a question to prompt conversation. It has been a great way to interact with each other and learn more about what my kids really think. Now, that dad's home, it's even more special. Well, I'm off to church...but I have some pix to share with you all of a few things Q brought home from Iraq when he traveled to Ur, so I'll try to post again tonight...but you know how that goes...may be tomorrow...lol!

1 comment:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Looks yummy! And I bet your family enjoyed it thoroughly.
Sounds like that "Food for Talk" is a great resource for family time. I am looking forward to my children getting a little older so we can have some fun dinner conversations as well. Right now our conversation is quite limited! :)

-Andrea