Monday, February 11, 2008

I Loved You First

I thought in honor of Valentine's Day, I would post about the people in my life that I dearly love over the next few days. I'm starting with my daughter, Mallorye...the person I loved first.

Mallorye came at a time in my life that was completely unexpected....I had the world by the tail, or so I thought....my senior year of high school. I remember holding this tiny little girl with a head full of hair for the first time and wondering what in the world I was doing?? She taught me unconditional love....she gave it to me first...trusting me for everything, loving me in spite of my unloveable ways, smiling at me when I felt like screaming. Then, slowly, I loved her back. The first person that I truly loved without reservation....expecting nothing in return.

I'm so thankful that God chose to turn my mourning into dancing! Mallorye is definitely the music that fills my heart. She has such an exuberance for life and a servant heart. Opinionated. Head strong. Intelligent. Free spirit. There are so many sides to her that I get dizzy just thinking abou it all. She loves her Jesus more than anything. She's not afraid to stand up for her beliefs and to be different. I think she actually likes being different! Her friends are as varied as the colors of the rainbow....she makes no preference...rich or poor, athletic or nerd...doesn't matter to her. She just loves people. Oh, she can get under my skin and don't even get me started on her housekeeping ability (her room should be declared a health hazard!)...but I can't help but love her. Afterall, Mallorye taught me to love.

She wants to change the world. I know she will! She started long ago when she changed me.

4 comments:

Simmons Family said...

HEHEHE...opinionated? headstrong? intelligent? free spirit? sound like anyone we know....?! :) wouldnt have a clue who she got it all from...would you ?:)

I have said it before and Ill say it now. God has big plans for Mal. I have beleived that since I met her and the family a few years back.
As far as the room being a health hazard.... iI think its just the generation sis. Chastity my 12 yrold has similiar issues with house cleaning. But like you say we still love'm.
I can relate to the moment you speak of when you first held Mal. I experienced my own moment with Destiny when she came into the world. As you know sis. No words can truly do that justice. But I would not trade it for anything. She is daddy's sunshine. Just ask her...lol she knows it. Guess she has dad a little wrapped , but thats ok. God taught me to love again after my first marriage. I gues as for what Destiny has taught me, patience, and faith, no matter what others think will be rewarded. She is living proof. I thank God for her each and every day. As I know you do the same concerning Mal. Sis they will change the world one day. With God, All things are possible.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

What a beautiful tribute to your sweet girl! Go Mallory - go change the world!

-Andrea

mindi said...

Beautiful. Sounds like quite a lovely young woman!

Jrzy Army Wife said...

This is probably one of the sweetest things I've read. That's exactly how I felt when my daughter was born. She is my total punkin and always will be.