Thursday, February 7, 2008

Rise & Shine

Angie asked me,

"How I wake up at 5am?"


Well, I'm not really a morning person...or a late night owl...I'm more of a mid-day kinda gal. However, I know that when I have my quiet time I am such a better person to be around. I'm a traditionalist in that I think God desires us to meet with Him before we get wrapped up in our chaos we call "life." So, HOW do I do that? Honestly, there are some mornings that I fail, but overall I make it a priority AND I set TWO alarms...my cell phone and the clock beside my bed! Also, in case those two things fail me or I hit snooze, I have an awesome friend that text messages me EVERY morning. It's a simple text, "FACE DOWN"...that's my cue to get out of bed and face down before God. I know that sounds crazy, but it works for both of us. She's accountable to get up and text me and I feel accountable to get my lazy hiney out of bed.

This has been tough the last few weeks. I've been sick, the kids have been sick, and I just want to stay in my cozy bed and sleep. So, I hit and miss some. I don't beat myself up about it. I just do better the next day. It's important not to get too legalistic...God wants our heart more than our morning.

There you have it. How I do the 5am thing. Anyone need a morning text??

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hi Ginger! "Shelly-ville" here. . .
I see that you're a visitor to the 4littlemen blog- she's a close friend of mine.
What an inspiring post- and what an awesome friend you have to remind you every morning what life is all about!!
Stay tuned for more on the natural medicine/kids stuff. . .