Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekend Update

I can't believe it's Monday already! We had one of those whirlwind weekends, but it was so worth it!

Friday Night--Blake spent the night with a friend and Mallorye had a volleyball recruiting "thingy" to go to, so hubby and I went out for a nice dinner. We'd been given a gift certificate to eat The Candlelite Steakhouse (local restaurant, very classy), so it seemed the perfect opportunity to enjoy it. Q had steak and I had the grilled chicken and it was absolutely the best...either that, or I'm just way tired of Hamburger Helper and fish sticks..lol!

Saturday--busy! I worked till noon and then we all went to Blake's baseball game. My mom and Jack came and cheered him on. Unfortunately, the game went up as a loss, but the boys played well. Mom and Jack came back to the house and we just hung out for a little while. Mal babysat for us (Blake would kill me if he knew I said that!) while we went to see Sugarland and Little Big Town in concert with some friends from church. It was awesome!! I'd seen both of them in concert separately while Q was in Iraq, but together was just incredible. The highlight was the end, after the encore, this curtain came down and when it lifted there were these 2 huge clear beach balls...and they were in them!! They rolled themselves across the audience that had floor seats...which was us!...we were on the 7th row! Oh, it was just way too kewl! I wish I had pictures!!

Sunday--I was up bright and early...had to be at church at 6:30am for sound check and warm up...it was my weekend to sing. I was 10 minutes late, but we managed to run through all of the songs even with me being late. whew! I visited my friend Sydney and her daughter Kyleigh after church. I haven't seen them much since the guys got back from Iraq and I MISS HER! We became really close during the deployment and I just miss the comraderie that we shared. We promised to get together more often. I hope we stick to that!

Sunday Night--small group at our house. I'm really enjoying getting to know the Turner's. We're starting a new book in about 3 weeks..."Defending the Military Marriage." Please pray for us as we lead this discussion. Satan is already attacking and I don't want to give him the satisfaction of distracting us.

Well, that sums up the weekend. Today is a crazy Monday for us...busy, busy. Hope you all have had a wonderful weekend! Welcome to the work week!!

2 comments:

mindi said...

wow - what a busy weekend!! Sounds like you got a lot done though :)

Homegrown Tribe said...

Thanks for the link. :) I thought I had you added by I guess not... i'll get you added now.

talk to you soon, Brittany