Friday, May 23, 2008

Blake's Graduation

Eight long years came to an end today....my "baby boy" graduated from Middle School. I am so proud of him! I know eight years sounds odd, but that's how long it took for us to get here.

Blake started Kindergarten when he had just turned five against the advice of his Preschool teacher. Oh, how I wish I had listened. He struggled a bit that first year, but it wasn't until 1st grade that we really noticed he was behind. Even though he managed to make B's and C's...and even some A's....we made the difficult decision to hold him back in 1st grade (hence the 8th year). That was the best decision we ever made for him...hands down. The next few years Blake flourished and by the time he was in 5th grade he was making all A's! He graduated today as one of the top in his class of 208 students!

All year Blake has had the privilege of putting up and taking down the flag outside the Middle School and today he was given the honor to present our Nation's Colors for his graduation ceremony. Definite proud mama moment!

Socially, well...we all know how that is! LOL! He's quite the social bug!! I'm expecting Jr. High to be a time for him to really let his personality shine.

It was a bittersweet day, but one that was full of joy at seeing all that Blake has accomplished. He still has a few more days of school and his Awards Ceremony is next week, but we officially have a 7th grader!

*note...I promise I'll post pictures soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you've got me all weepy over here. You *know* how much I love that Blake . I'm so proud of him.