Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend Update

Well, I think I'm on my way to recovery! I really thought I was going to have to cancel on my Girl's Night Out, but as you can see...I managed to "suffer" through it!! We (Lisa, Amy, and myself) had a blast catching up. We went and ate at the quaintest place...SanFrancisco Bread Company. This is a great hang-out for the girls! Great atmosphere, great food, and had it not been for the tornado that passed through (literally!!), it would've been totally stress-free!!

Me, Lisa, and Amy

Lisa posing with the "chef"

My turn...couldn't help adding a sense of humor

I think Amy was a tad embarrased....but I think she had let go of her inhibitions by the time we got to the mall

Trying out some exercise equipment at Bed, Bath, & Beyond

This was a great night! I can't wait to hang out again...SOON!! When I'm feeling better!!

Mother's Day was crazy!! We received a phone call during church from the armory that Q was mobilized to help with the tornado disaster in South Arkansas. This weather has been horrible around here! He had an hour to get his stuff together, so needless to say, we missed most of the sermon. He'll be home hopefully by the weekend and I guess we'll celebrate then. The kids and I spent the afternoon at my mom's and then I crashed...early...

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day!

*note (all pictures courtesy of Lisa)

2 comments:

mindi said...

Wow, tornados are scary, glad you are all okay!!!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I am so happy for you that you were able to go on your girl's night out!! It sure looked like a ton of fun - it was probably the best thing for you to do, concerning your cold, don't you think?! Laughter is the best medicine they say. :)

-Andrea