Thursday, October 30, 2008

I've been catching up on blogs today...you guys have been busy. I so miss having the internet at home....

...so the story of the internet (anyone with help on how to fix this...I know very little about computers...would be my BFF).

Ok, so a few weeks back (wow, it's really been a long time) the computer got infected with a virus and had to be taken in to the doctor. The only fix was to reload my software. Not a big deal. We've done that before. Just save the pictures and do it. So, they did. Well, in the midst of clearing everything off, my driver for my wireless USB (we have to use a wireless because our old house only has one phone jack in the entire house!) was deleted. No biggie. Just reinstall it. It's obsolete (that tells you how long I've had this internet service and hardware). Still, shouldn't be a big deal. Bought a new wireless USB and had the guy install it before I left the store. Get home and turn on computer and start process of installing my Yahoo DSL program and it starts asking my all these crazy questions and it doesn't recognize the USB. I tried for hours. For days. No luck. I really wanted to throw it out in the front lawn and take a ball bat to it like Caleb in the movie Fireproof...don't worry...I refrained. But I refuse to work on it anymore. It just frustrates me to no end. So, I've put hubby on it...who happens to know less about computers than I do. He tried. Couldn't get it going either. I do think that he's called in reinforcements that are coming today...so maybe, just maybe (keep fingers crossed)...I'll have internet when I get home this evening.

I know you were all just dieing to know all that!

So, what else?

Funny story. I can't believe I'm even going to tell this one, but hey, trying to keep it real.

Saturday night was practice for our Christmas production. Which is going to be awesome! Anyway, we have an awesome lady, who happens to be one of my bestest friends, that brings dinner for us and she cooked homemade chili. It was a great day for chili and I was actually even craving it for some reason. This chili was HOT...not as in spicy...but temperature. Well, being the goofball I am, I took a big bite and apparently did not cool it off enough. It burned the fire out of my tongue. So, what did I do? Swallowed. Huge mistake! Huge!! That chili burned my entire mouth, tongue, and throat. I ended up going to the doctor on Monday because of all the blisters in my mouth and throat. Crazy. Dumb. I felt like a complete idiot walking into the doctors office, but he assured me I wasn't the first, nor would I be the last, person to do this. He gave me some stuff called Magic Mouthwash that has lidocaine in it and it has worked wonders. I doubt I crave chili again anytime real soon.

Update on Blake: the Holtor Monitor study was normal, as we expected it to be, so now to see where to go from here. Had a very long talk with Blake's pediatrician and still trying to figure out the best course of action at this point. We are going ahead and getting a 2nd opinion on Monday, just to see what they think of the situation.

Ok, I've bored you enough with my tales of insanity. Hope you all are having a great day!

Stay away from hot chili!

2 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm sorry, but that chili/blister/mouthwash story was kinda funny.

Glad you're back!

Simmons Family said...

Sis it would be a complete lie to say this stuff could only happen to you. Our moms told us 'there would be days'. But not a word about 'weeks' lol. Remeber last week when I and the 2 kids got ill after melissa started getting better? Well I had 2 of the most hugemongus chilli dogs you can imagine with onions and all that wonderfully 'healthy' stuff lol... lets just say dinner was short lived that night and it will be a while before there is a craving for chili dogs....stinks too . one of my favorite 'food groups ' lol
anyhow... everyone is well now , was an evil mean bug though. Fortunately , Destiny was spared, bless her heart. Only by the grace of God I figure, becuz everyone got it. Usually its everyone but me that gets the school carried bugs or something from Lissas work.Just goes to show hand sanitizer and antibacterial soap are a problematic preventative.