Saturday, January 31, 2009

Surviving

Just a quick update to let you know that I am surviving!

Our town was hit Monday evening with a huge Ice Storm....the older folks in town say they haven't seen anything even close since 1932. Our entire town...of around 28,000 people...were without power for at least 48 hours and many much longer than that. For us, power came back on yesterday....after 4 days. My aunt, who lives in the county, has been told it could be up to 5 weeks before power is restored to them.

The devastation is widespread and needs are great! I truly covet your prayers for my community.

Hubby was mobilized with the National Guard last night, so that they can try to get debris moved and roads cleared so the utility companies can get the poles and lines up again. I have a better update coming...with PICTURES! For now...I've gotta get some laundry done.

Thanks for those of you who knew and were praying!

No comments: