Saturday, January 31, 2009




Thought I'd play along...since I learned quite a bit this week through the Winter Blast 2009...aka the-ice-storm-from-some-place-nice-and-hot

Here's what I learned;

...that I am not really much of a pioneer sort

...that we take for granted the luxuries of life...like electricity and hot water

...that you can live without TV, internet, and even cell phones

...that I can make biscuits on TOP of a gas stove

...that 45 degrees really isn't all that cold (compared to 20 without heat)

...that the children will not die if all they have to do is play cards and board games

...that I'm alot less cranky when I go to bed with the sun and wake up with the sun (that's what you do when you don't have lights

...that we are a better family for having gone through the Winter Blast 2009

3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

We're working through the Little House on the Prairie dvds this weekend. I'll try not to think of you when I see Ma cooking on her stove.

:)

Seriously, glad you're all okay (and stronger). Ice is scary!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Wow, that is a lot to learn in one week! LOL!!! We were without power for a week one summer not too long ago. I think I'd rather be hot than cold. Thanks for sharing!

mindi said...

Wow, I'm glad you made it through the storm!
I've been thinking of you - hope you're doing okay!!