Monday, March 30, 2009

Plugged Back In...


I survived. The world did not quit spinning. And no one died..not even me!

Honestly, this was an awesome task and challenge...I unplugged from pretty much everything. Blogs, Email, Twitter. All of it!

What did I learn? That I use up alot of time on these things and that although I do quite well at multi-tasking, checking email & blogs, while reading a twitter and running an invoice for work and thinking about what's for dinner is making me crazy!

The silence of not hearing that *ping of an incoming message or text was absolutely heavenly.

Will I do this again?! You better believe it!! I can see this being at least something I do on the weekends and quite possibly one day during the week. I'm not sure my family really noticed and that's ok...I noticed.

Check out A Soft Place To Land blog for more inspiring stories of Unplugging! Maybe you'll be inspired to join in on the challenge!

3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

It is a very good way to re-center myself! So glad your experience was a good one!

Amber said...

Good for you!

I was unplugged Sunday afternoon...but only because my hubby hijacked my computer so that I could focus on cleaning the house.

I was amazed at how quickly the housework was finished and how I didn't really think about the computer since I knew I couldn't have it....huh.

I'm considering a full day of unplugging...but it terrifies me just a little bit!!! :)

Decor To Adore said...

I am visiting via ASPTL. You made good use of your day off.