Wednesday, November 16, 2011

{30 Days of Thanksgiving...Day 9-15}

Yes, I realize I am a week behind. I've been procrastinating, hoping to find time to upload pictures to go along with my blog posts, but I've given up on that idea in an effort to just get caught up. So...here it goes.....


Day 9: I am thankful for friends.

I have to say, I am very blessed to have so many friends and even a few very dear and best friends. Some, I have knows for over 20 years, some just a few short months. I have friends that I can call anytime of day or night and I know they will be there in a heartbeat to help me...friends I can laugh my socks off with...friends that I can be honest with...friends I don't have to name here, because they know who they are. Love you friend!!


Day 10: I am thankful for freedom.

It's so easy to take for granted the freedoms that we enjoy each day, but having a husband who has fought in two wars for that freedom, I have a deeper appreciation and understanding of how precious that gift is. I am blessed to live in a free country called America.


Day 11: I am thankful for a new baby to love.

Aria Beth Henson made her debut today weighing in at 8 pounds and 4 ounces. She looks just like her daddy, my cousin, Colby. Colby & Laura are going to be extraordinary parents and I can't wait until my granddaughter, Olivia joins the fun in February.


Day 12: I am thankful for one-on-one time with my daughter.

Mallorye and I don't get much time just the two of us, but this weekend is different. We are going to Hot Springs to help with the Mrs. Arkansas America Pageant and just hang out...catch up on all the girly talk we sometimes miss in the busyness of our lives.


Day 13: I am thankful for my small group.

Sometimes they frustrate me, but I love each of them so much and want only good things for them. Many of them are young and newly married and I so much want to help them not to make the mistakes that Quentin and I have made along the way. Many of them are wise above their years and the discussions we have are so encouraging...and thought provoking. Love these guys!


Day 14: I am thankful for conversation over dessert.

Tonight, I had a little girl time with my cousins wife, Pam. We haven't seen each other in probably close to 2 years and it was nice to catch up over a decadent dessert at Longhorn Steakhouse....just us...no kids...no husbands. Life is too short and rekindling this relationship felt right. I'm excited to continue what promises to be a great friendship.


Day 15: I am thankful for rain.

I don't particularly like rainy days, but it's necessary for cleansing and growth. It has rained for over 24 hours in NE Arkansas and I would love to complain about that...but I won't. Instead, I will thank God for cooler temperatures brought by the rain, the ducks that will soon have sufficient habitat to migrate to the south, and for my van being washed without me having to do it. All in the perspective.

No comments: