Thursday, November 3, 2011

{30 Days of Thanksgiving....Days 1-3)

....because I'm sometimes a procrastinator, and


....because sometimes I just like to enjoy being lazy in the afternoons, and


.....because sometimes my life is crazy hectic


......you're getting my first three thanksgiving days all at once,


...because that's how I roll :)



I love the idea of being thankful and like to believe that I seek to be intentionally full of gratitude on a daily basis, but there's something about November and the winter holidays that make us pause and really think about our lives and the things we have to be truly grateful for. So...I'm going to try to share one thing each day that I'm thankful for (and hopefully, I'll get good enough to actually put pictures with my posts!).


Day 1: I am thankful for God's unending mercy!

I'm not sure where I would be without it....a mess I'm sure. He loves me no matter what I've done, or what I've become...He patiently beckons me back to His arms and lovingly embraces me. Sure, there is discipline and growing pains, but not without love & mercy in the mix.


Day 2: I am thankful for my hubby!

Tonight he cooked dinner, which he does way more than I do. He doesn't complain (too much) when I let the laundry pile up or the house come undone. He loves me unconditionally. He works hard at his civilian job and serves our country sacrificially when duty calls. He sits by me on the 3rd row at church, even though he much prefers the back. We've had plenty of bumps along the way and we still have plenty to learn and areas to grow, but one thing is for sure, our love for one another is rock solid.


Day 3: I am thankful for the opportunity to be a mom!

My children, Mallorye and Blake, and my son-in-law, Matt, are my absolute delight. I can't imagine my life without them. They have made me laugh, made me cry, made me want to bang my head against the wall....they definitely have made life more exciting to live. Never a dull moment. Never! There are so many women who never get to experience motherhood and the joys & struggles that each day brings, but God chose to entrust me (of all people) to care for two, now three, other human beings. I'm not sure anyone has ever trusted me so much!


Stay tuned! Tomorrow brings Day 4 of Thanksgiving.


What are you thankful for today?

No comments: