Monday, April 8, 2013

{The Color Run 2013~ Springfield}

One of the items on my 40 List is to participate in The Color Run and this past weekend I was able to check that off my list :)  Seriously, this was the most fun I've had in a long time...it really is the Happiest 5K on the Planet!! I'm not sure how much actual running is involved in this "run," but man, the fun makes up for any competitiveness you might have.

A few pictures to capture the memory....of course...


The Color Run goody bag...a super soft tee, headband, a packet of super fun color for the Finish Line, and of course my race bib.


The token car picture...me, Christina, & Joann...we were soaking up the warmth of the car as long as possible. Although the temp was 54 degrees, the wind was brutal.


Me & Joann all decked out in our white and race bibs...ready to get this shindig started. This lady has become such a dear friend to me and I loved being able to share this memory with her.


Posing with the Runicorn! I mean seriously, what is a Color Run without posing with the mascot?!


People, people, everywhere! As far as the eye could see....over 10, 000 participants in the Springfield event and by far the largest thing I've been a part of. The excitement and adrenaline were just incredible!


Running through the "Blue Station"....this was insane!!


On the "brink of pink"...this was the last color station before the finish line...


And we're done!! It was also Christina's birthday....what a great way to spend a birthday!!


Me, Christina, & Joann after the race....sufficiently colored!! Oh my goodness...that was so much fun!!!! I'm ready for Little Rock in November :)


Selfie after the race.

So...this was one of the most memorable things I've done in my life and I can't wait until November when I do it again in Little Rock. Who wants to join me???

No comments: