Sunday, December 1, 2013

{Sunday ~ December 1}

I know Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, but I think that rarely happens the way we envision it...especially if you're in ministry. When I think of "rest," I think of being curled up on the couch in my pajamas with a good book or movie and my favorite blanket, but that just doesn't happen for me on Sunday....well...occasionally, I do get an afternoon nap :)

Today, I was blessed to help lead worship with some of my very best friends. Mike, Andy, Brandi, and I have been leading worship together for ...years...I don't even know how long it's been. We know each other so well that often we can change things mid-stream and not have to say a word...we just sense it. I won't lie...today was a hard day for us. Rehearsal was rough. There was tension. BUT...we just kept going...putting one foot in front of the other...and in the end, God was glorified. That's what it's all about...glorifying God with our voices, with our worship, with our lives. Pastor Charles shared a great message. Probably my most favorite quote from the morning was, "many of us have added God to our lives instead of giving our lives to God." How true that is. So many times we try to just sprinkle in a little God here and a little God there, when our lives should be so intertwined with God that He is reflected in every aspect. (I may have to tape this to my mirror)

After church and a quick bite to eat, I headed to a wedding shower to celebrate my cousin's wedding coming up in just a few short weeks. Cord and Chelsea will be becoming Mr. & Mrs. Henson on December 21st and today we showered them with a ton of gifts (no idea where they're going to put all of it) and plenty of love. Welcome to our crazy family Chelsea!

My OCD kicked in this afternoon, and I went for a quick mile run. I'm participating in the I Love To Run December Challenge to run at least a mile every day in December and my personality wouldn't let me skip, no matter how hard I tried to convince myself not to go run today. I got a quick-for me-13' mile in right as the sun went down.

Finished off the night watching the Denver Broncos defeat the Kansas City Chiefs for the 2nd time this season :) while enjoying a homemade bowl of chili. Yum! And of course a little blog hopping and Pinterest.

It's been a great 4 days off...enjoying my family, Thanksgiving, Christmas shopping, worship, running...but tomorrow it's back to work and counting down the end of this year. I plan on soaking up every last moment of this year.

No comments: