Thursday, January 3, 2008

We Can Pray

Last night while checking on my bloggy friends, I was reminded of how fortunate I am. My husband is home, safe from the war in Iraq. One of my friends' husband left yesterday for training in preparation for his tour of duty in Iraq. I understand the loneliness, the fear, the tears, the anxieties....yet I feel so helpless. I wish I had words of wisdom for her. I wish that I could hug her tight and tell her that it's all going to be ok. But, I'm just someone on the other end of a computer...miles away...yet with a common bond. So, I decided the one thing I can do is pray! And ask you to pray. Please don't forget our troops that fight for our freedom, sacrficing their own. Please don't forget their families and the sacrifices that they make. Pray for Mindi and her husband Kevin...and drop her a line of encouragement when you can! Thank you!

1 comment:

mindi said...

You are too sweet. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.
I am so glad you made it through the miserable months apart, and I know I can make it too . . .