Thursday, January 1, 2009

Scripture Memory

The last few months of 2008 have been hard on my heart and soul. I know that God did not call me to a defeated life and that He doesn't want me to just roll over and give up. So today, I have my big girl panties on. I know that when I stay focused on God and my goals that life just seems to go much smoother....not perfect...but better.

I have a ton of goals for the coming year, but one in particular is scripture memory. I'm joining Siestas around the world and committing to memorize 24 verses this year. Very within reach. Mama Beth, as she is affectionately called, is leading the masses in this endeavor. Check it out.

My verse for the first part of January;

You made me suffer a lot,
but you will bring me back from this deep pit
and give me new life.
You will make me truly great
and take my sorrow away.
Psalm 71:20-21 (Contemporary English Version)
I've not used this version before, but I really liked the way it was worded in this passage. So,here's to a new year...I'll be sharing more goals throughout the month of January.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I was just about to ask you if you'd seen the blog posts and were you interested in doing it. I signed up too. My verse: "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint." Isa. 40:31 NIV

Michelle said...

Happy New Year, wishing the best for you and yours!

mindi said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!! Good for you for having goals, I have some, but the hard part for me is keeping them. Ughhh. I hope and pray God gives me the strength for this year.
God bless!!

Simmons Family said...

This is indeed an awesome endeavor sis! Scripture teaches that the Word is profitable for reproof rebuke and correction in all matter concerning righteousness. Thats KJV going to amke you look it up though...:)
However you are doing exactly as you should
2nd Timothy 2:15 KJV Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that neededth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of Truth.
Remember sis plans for good not disaster a future and a hope.
Love you guys!
john and family