Wednesday, December 15, 2010

{10 Days}

Oh my!! Has anyone else realized that it's only 10 days until Christmas morning?!
I am sooooooo behind...I have two presents bought...count 'em...two. One for Mallorye and one for Blake. Every year I vow to be finished by November 1st and every year it gets later and later before I'm finished...and this year, before I even began.
I would love to say that I have a plan.
But...I don't.
I have no idea what I'm getting anyone. Heck, I don't even really know who I'm buying for this year. All I know is that I'm paring down significantly this year.
I haven't sent a single Christmas card and at this point, I'm thinking that it's pointless. And...too much stress. I thought about a New Year letter, but decided that I'm just going to let it go.
I do have a tree up...thanks to my kiddos. They put the tree up the weekend Quentin & I were at Kansas City for the Chiefs vs. Bronco's game. It is literally the only hint of Christmas in my entire house. For those that know me, you know this is an oddity. This is my favorite season, but with the end of the deployment and the wedding and all the things in between...I just have not had time.
I do, however, feel very blessed and the spirit of Christmas has not been lost in the chaos.
So...there is less presents...less decorations...less stress...
but...
there is more Christ...and that's what it's all about!

No comments: