Friday, December 17, 2010

{Goal Setting}

With January right around the corner, I've been thinking about the areas in my life that I really want to work on. One of these is in the area of spiritual discipline. I consider myself a good person and I'm a Christian...no doubt about that...however, I falter with some of the basics of spiritual discipline. This year I really desire to draw closer to God and create the habit of some of these basics...not as a way to check things off of a list...but because I know these disciplines draw me closer to God...disciplines such as; reading my Bible EVERY day, tithing, daily prayer (the real, conversation kind), and scripture memory.
Well, what do you know? One of my spiritual mentors from afar is offering a neat tool to help in scripture memory, along with accountability via her blog. I'm all about a crafty tool, that's cute and useful, so you can bet I jumped on this opportunity!! Beth Moore is an incredible godly woman that has a heart for women. Her blog is full of encouragement, challenges, and accountability...check it out here. While you're there, check out the Siesta Spiral to help memorize scripture in 2011.

No comments: