Thursday, November 29, 2007
Waiting with mommy for our turn!
Monday I had the awesome privilege to see an answered prayer! One of my best friends, Amy M., and her husband Steve, adopted their son. We have prayed for years...so many that I've lost count...for this to happen...and have seen dreams shattered when they were so close to coming true. But not on Monday. Monday, Samuel became a permanent part of their home. They've had Samuel since he was 2 days old as foster parents, so this was so exciting to see it all come true. It's been a long, hard, heart-wrenching journey...but their family is complete. Congratulations guys!
Samuel's FAMILY!! Mom, sister Callie, sister Colbie,& Dad with Judge Halsey...the lady who granted our dream.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Some of them are quirky and fun...some are serious and make you step back and think. I have to admit, it was quite a challenge to actually think of 100 things, I tried to kinda categorize my life to help me think...anyway, without further adieu;
1. Go on a fishing trip with my hubby
2. Take Q to an NFL game
3. Scrapbook Q's deployment to Iraq
4. Learn to waltz with my hubby and dance at our daughter's wedding
5. Leave a legacy of love to our grandchildren when we're long gone
6. Finish Mallorye's scrapbook
7. See Mallorye win Miss America
8. Cry tears of joy as Q walks Mal down the aisle on her wedding day
9. Watch Mal fulfill her dream and graduate college
10. Cheer Blake on at State Finals his senior year
11. Watch Blake get his college diploma
12. Finish Blake's scrapbook
13. Teach Blake to respect girls..open doors, help them be seated, you know..chivalry
14. Rent a beach house for a week with just my girlfriends
15. Meet my blog friends
16. Go on a weekend road trip with no destination in mind with a few of my best gal pals
17. Make a scrapbook for my best friends that chronicles our friendship
18. Sleep 8 hours straight...just one night would be great!
19. Run a marathon
20. Find my abs...I'm sure they're under there somewhere
21. Learn to actually do a push up
22. Be still & Know!...go away for a week by myself...just me, my Bible, a journal, & my God
23. Read through my entire Bible in one year
24. Go on an oversees mission trip
25. Have lunch with Beth Moore and pick her brain
26. Be aware of God in everything and at all times
27. Visit Israel
28. See a Broadway show in New York City
29. Work on a dude ranch
30. See the Statue of Liberty
31. Visit the site of the World Trade Center
32. Give up sodas!
33. Lose my post-hysterectomy weight (45 pounds)
34. Learn to cook healthy
35. Curb my sweet tooth
36. Drink more water...at least my 8 glasses
37. Document my family tree
38. Write a family newsletter each year for Christmas
39. Make a gingerbread house with my kids...I have always wanted to do this!
40. Find and meet my biological father
41. Have a family picture made with Q's parents
42. Go parasailing
43. Take a white water rafting trip
44. Learn to snow ski
45. Teach my kids to water ski...something I loved growing up
46. Take a hot air balloon ride with my sweetie :)
47. Volunteer as a family at a soup kitchen
48. Host a Christmas Party with the guest of honor being an Angel Tree recipient
49. Host a foreign exchange student and show them God's love
50. Invite international students to share in our Thanksgiving meal & culture
51. Attend the Oprah Show...on the Favorite Things episode!
52. Compete one more time (and WIN) the Mrs. America Pageant
53. Help build a house for Habitat for Humanity
54. Learn to add links to my blog posts
55. Visit the boutique in Macon, Georgia called "gingermichelle"....happens to be my name!!
56. Visit every amusement park in the USA
57. Ride the Top 10 roller coasters in the USA
58. Write a book about my life experiences
59. Sing on stage with Travis Cottrell
60. Organize my scrapbook room
61. Redecorate my kitchen
62. Get ALL my film developed
63. Organize my photos
64. Invest in a really AWESOME digital camera with Zoom Lens and take it everywhere
65. Take a photography class
66. Learn to keep my outside plants alive
67. Ok, for that matter, learn to keep my inside plants alive
68. Be completely DEBT FREE
69. Retire comfortably at age 65...gotta have a goal
70. Take my kids on a trip to Europe
71. Go to Disney World
72. Finish my degree in nursing
73. Own my own home
74. Step out of my comfort zone and share the plan of salvation with a complete stranger
75. See my little boy become a Man
76. Go caving
77. Ride a mechanical bull...I used to think I wanted to ride a real one, but I've gotten smarter
78. Learn to cook a really awesome 3-course dinner
79. Host a dinner for 8 people I don't know very well and get to know them
80. Commit to memory the Psalms
81. To actually be the first owner of a vehicle...to put the first 100 miles on it
82. Visit Hillsong Church in Australia...wow!
83. Publish my poetry
84. Have all my laundry done at one time...is that even possible??
85. Just once have all my Christmas presents bought before the Thanksgiving rush
87. Overcome my fear of heights...for goodness sake, I had to call someone to change light bulbs for me while Q was deployed...how pathetic is that??! (and yes, I know it doesn't make sense that I can ride roller coasters...just a weird quirk)
88. Write and send a thank you note to the people who REALLY made a difference in my life
89. Get my Christmas cards out on time
90. Learn to use Photo Shop on the computer
91. Let go of some of my OCD behaviors
92. Be there when the Cardinals win the World Series next time
93. Go on a trip with my husband and our closest couple friends...no kids!
94. Television Fast for 1 year...see what happens
95. Live a life of no regrets
96. Choose joy
97. Throw Mal an awesome Sweet 16...just because she wants it
98. Be there to take a picture of Blake's first Big Buck
99. Grow old with Quentin
100. Live long enough to accomplish at least half of this list
Ok...if you've made it this far...you are a loyal reader and friend! Like I said, some are just for kicks things, but some are things I've thought about for years. Just things I'd like to do somewhere along life's journey. How about you? Anything you just have to do before your time on earth is done?
Thursday, November 22, 2007
*Christ--this is a given to me. Without Him, I'd be lost and without hope. I'm so thankful that He loves me and shows mercy and grace on this undeserving soul.
*My Parents--they drive me absolutely crazy, but I love them just the same and I'm grateful that my mom chose to give birth to me when that wasn't the easiest of options and that my dad chose to provide for me, even though I wasn't biologically his. We may not always see eye to eye, but it's knowing that person will be there in the hard times that matters.
*Quentin--if ever there was a walking picture of unconditional love, this is it. He loves me when I'm unlovable. He has stood by me even when I've inflicted immense pain and rejection upon him. He believes in me. I couldn't ask for a more perfectly suited husband than this!
*My Children--they bring me such joy on a daily basis. Just watching them grow and mature into young men and women of faith in so encouraging...like maybe I did something right. Blake still loves to snuggle with me and I love that about him...just last night, he broke a vase, and was heartbroken. I gave him a hug and looking into those tears and seeing how he just wants to please me...just made me melt..how could I possibly be mad? And Mallorye...we finally have that trust that I've prayed for and can have conversations about real stuff going on in her life! I'm so thankful for that!!
*My In-Laws--I really do have the best in laws. They treat me as a daughter and would do anything for me or my children and remarkably...they don't always side with Quentin..lol!
*My Friends--I am truly blessed to have so many REAL and dear friends who I know I can count on. I don't know how I could've made it through this past year without you guys. You've come over at the drop of a hat when I was upset or scared, you've took me out and kept me busy, you've held me accountable, you've just been there for me. I love you all!
*My Blog Friends--I am so amazed at how close I feel to some of you guys and the wisdom that I'm gaining from you. I was leery of the blog world...afraid I'd have horrible sights and people popping up, but I've been blessed with Godly women who fear the Lord and have such wonderful family values and insight to offer. Thank you for being willing to share your life.
I could go on, because I am so blessed, but then this post might never end and my turkey might not make it to the dinner table!! So, I'll close.
I hope that you find time to give thanks to God for the people and things in your life that He's blessed you with...all good things come from His hand. Enjoy the day! Happy Thanksgiving!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
We did a little photo shoot between pageants and this is my favorite! I have to admit, two pageants in one day is a bit crazy...we probably won't try that again...but all in all she did really great.
Pageant #1 she wore the hot pink dress and captured the crown and photogenic category.
Pageant #2 she wore her royal blue satin dress that she wore for homecoming and was able to win 2nd runner up.
Grand total of the day; 1 crown, 1 trophy, 1 plaque, 3 medals, 3 sashes, and a certificate! AND ALOT OF MOM AND DAD'S MONEY!!! Look out Miss America, here comes Mallorye!! And of course, I'm not proud at all ;)
Now, lest someone think that I'm all about the ego trip....I allow Mallorye to compete as a way to build confidence and build interview skills. It's a great way to earn scholarship money for college and it's fun. We do not cry or pout over losing and should we ever misbehave, that will be the end of our pageant days. I'm a strong advocate of good sportsmanship...even in pageants. We've always told her that all the girls are pretty and it's a matter of opinion who wins on a particular night. You have to be prepared to lose as well as win and I think she does both very graciously. I'm very proud of the example that she sets.
Friday, November 9, 2007
I'm hoping to remove the military "store" this week!! Got to get this done before hubby gets home on Saturday or I'll never get it done. I've been trying to work at least 30 minutes a night in there, but you know how that goes. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. I'm hoping for another block of time soon. I seem to do my best work when I have time to pull it all out and get some stuff DONE!!
I'm thinkin' not much will get done tomorrow...ok...nothing probably, considering Mal is in not one, but TWO pageants tomorrow!! I'll be posting pix of that and letting you all know how that went. Ok, I'm off to bed now....we have a LONG, LONG day ahead of us!!
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Psalm 23:2 says, "He lets me rest in green meadows;"
Have you ever stopped to consider why the meadows are green?? It takes alot of fertilizer (aka manure) to make a lush, green meadow....so why are we surprised that the Christian walk is riddled with difficulties? Yes, God does promise rest and green meadows, but there are trials on the way. Be prepared! Don't be caught off guard.
Just my 2 cents worth on this simple sentence.
"Dear Lord,You are my Shepherd and I ask that You would lead and guide each one of us today in the way that pleases You. I thank You that because You are our Shepherd, we know that we have everything we need - everything You choose to supply us with. I pray that if someone reading this does not know You as her Shepherd - that You would draw her nearer to You today.Bring moments of peace, refreshment and restoration to our days, Lord - moments that remind us that You lead us into green pastures and beside quiet waters. Restore our souls, Lord. It is so easy to grow weary and become bogged down in the tasks of our day - please refresh and restore us today.Lead each of us in the path of righteousness where we will live wholly unto You. And, allow us to do this to bring glory to Your Name, Lord.Whatever we are walking through today - however dark and hard - thank You for the promise that You are with us and will lead us. You will uphold us and strengthen us. Please be our strength and comfort today.Thank You for Your many blessings and provisions for us and for our families. Your generous abundance is always before us, teach us to remember to be thankful and remember our great Provider!Thank You for the confidence that Your love and Your goodness will be with us each and every day of our lives and that when we have received You as our Saviour - we can live with You forever in Heaven.Your promises are beautiful and altogether trustworthy. Thank You for being our Shepherd - lead us today.Amen."
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Ok, so I have worked my tail off today and have managed to get one side of the room in fairly good shape. My first thought is, how many rubber stamps does one person need? And, should I open a store?? I did alot of sorting today and managed to get all my paper put into these neat drawers AND labeled!! I found the top of my table and rearranged the room, so as I'm not staring at the wall when I'm trying to be creative. I decided not to tackle the painting today, as I have company coming tomorrow and that seemed like just more stress than I felt necessary. I am going to paint! Just not this weekend...and I'm leaning toward "sage green." What do you think?? I feel like I made a pretty good dent in my project and I am wiped out!!! I still have the other side of the room to go, but I have plenty of time and I still haven't found a solution to storing the rubber stamps. Any ideas??
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Ok...my plan of attack is to (1) empty the room, (2) sort and purge, (3) put some paint on those white walls...(I mean really, who can be creative with white walls)...(4) and find creative storage solutions. As for help, if you're reading this and you live in driving distance to my house...consider yourself recruited!! I'll be posting updates...if you don't hear from me in a few days, you might want to send the search and rescue team. Check out the other brave challenge contestants at www.orgjunkie.com ...who knows? You might decide to join in the fun!!
Friday, November 2, 2007
Thursday, November 1, 2007
I have a project that I'm determined to get completed while Q is away on TDY. You guys have got to keep me motivated and accountable. I want to get the scrapbook room cleaned and organized. It is a complete mess. Every surface is covered with projects not finished, supplies needing put away, and the floor is covered in military stuff that hasn't found a home yet! I'm starting tomorrow afternoon as soon as I get in from work and plan on having a nice, creative, organized space to work on my scrapbooking and card making by Nov 17th!! I'll post pix tomorrow, so you can see just how very desperate I am!! I'd post tonight, but I know I'll be busy helping hubby find those last minute things...you know how it goes!
I'm thankful that this time, he's only going to be gone for 2 weeks and not 15 months!!